Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2 Movie Review

I was so eager to watch this one since the previous was pretty good. Good thing a friend of mine invited me to watch this at the Cinema in 3D!.. WOhoo!.. I did not care that almost 90% of the movie goers were Kids! wahha. Hearing their laughters as it echoes in the entire cinema, one cant help but laugh also. So here's my review:


Film animation was pretty neat. If I had to rate it in 5-point scale, I am giving it a 3. The scenery and the characters are detailed which gives you an iimpression that they are somehow real. But the movie doesn't maximize the full potential of 3D animation. I may not have seen the 2D but I think its still as good as the 3D.


On the concept, I dont know if any one is familiar with Tai Chi. Cause I think the Kung Fu that Po intended to learn was tai chi. In the movie, I think this was not properly executed. If you look closely in the fighting scenes esp the last part, it may appear as tai chi based on his body stance and movement at first but becomes different once he receive the attack. It should have been good if the director accounts the proper execution of this kung fu. A reference might be the Kung Fu Hassle or Shaolin Soccer. But aside from this, its fun to watch.


The story in the movie deals mostly on Po's past. From the previous movie, one might wonder why He got a goose father when in fact he is a panda. Well you will know why he got that one. Grading the story in 5-point scale, I am giving it 3. The score is based on the fact that this movie unveils the character's past and gives enlightenment to the current scenario. There is also a portayal of relationship like father and son, comraderie and a little part for lovers :D. There is a tear-jerker scene in the movie so bring handkees :D whaha. Another interesting part in the end of the movie that signals for a possible sequel.


Overall, it was not as great as the previous one but still it was fun watching it. Though, the rating was not that high but compare to the other movies for this week, its worth watching..

No comments: