Wednesday, June 15, 2011

X-Men First Class Movie Review


Me and Ryan, my movie buddy decided to watch this movie. However to our dismay, there was no 3D in the cinema. My friend asked why and the teller only said to us that its because it’s a super blockbuster movie. Honestly when I heard that, I was thinking “if its super blockbuster, then why not have it 3D? Geez”. So we got the movie in 2D screen. I was not hoping to have a good experience cause I was really expecting to watch this in 3D. But I was wrong.

Though, the movie was not in 3D it was still amazing. Actors were very good. Everything was very well-thought of. It lives up to its title “First Class” because this movie shows the start. You might be wondering some of the characters are not really found in the succeeding XMEN series however they still build up a good story. Some scenes are breathtaking and makes you want to ask for more.

There are just a few parts that I don’t really like. First off was the way Alex Summers releases his power. He is like playing a holla-hoop. Second, I am no expert in Aerodynamics, but I don’t think the part where Banshee grabs Havoc at the Marine Ship and flies off without problems. If you look closely at his wings, its somehow clipped slightly but his movements in flying was not affected. This is somehow absurd, his wings are vital on his flight. Based on how I see it after picking Havoc, the flight would be disastrous cause his right wing was not at full span giving it an unbalance pressure and would result to whirl-like movement of the flying body. However, this was not taken into consideration and was ignored all throughout. Third, I don’t like the director’s idea on focusing Magneto’s facial expression every time he uses his power. I think there are best way of portraying or showing his power without making the cam face to him with his dirty hangs pointing at me. But anyways, I enjoyed the movie.

After the movie, you will say to yourself “That’s explains everything”. This is a good feedback since the movie not only live up to be amazing but also was coherent with its other series. And that made it as one of the best movies of the month.

Well, I couldn’t give it a 4 right? Hehe..

I’ll be giving this one 4.5 star on my 5-point scale rate!

No comments: